Thursday, April 14, 2011

Author Interview on Independent Paranormal

I was interviewed on Independent Paranormal, a blog for indie authors who specialize in the paranormal.

http://independentparanormal.blogspot.com/

I'm very happy for the exposure and had fun answering the questions. My only hesitation comes from the part about music. I answered honestly, though in retrospect I only touched the tip of the iceberg.

Music played a huge part of my childhood. There was always music in the background while we played. In the interview, I didn't necessarily list my favorite music, just the songs that really bring back particular memories from my childhood. Anyway, after reading the article, I've realized that people, especially young adults, judge a person based on the music they like, and might even judge my book before reading it! Music is all-important when you're younger and it defines who you are in the eyes of your peers.

So I mentioned Madonna, Duran Duran, TLC, Boys' Air Choir, and classical music in the interview. I wish I had cast a larger net. I like so many genres of music from so many periods, and I view it as a missed opportunity to relate to my readers. I could have added David Bowie, Pearl Jam, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, The Beatles... I could have listed newer artists whose music inspired some scenes in my mind, like Lady Gaga. When I hear her music, it's easy to picture a theatrical performer. It helped me to imagine Jeremy's stage presence.

Anyway, you get the point. It was a learning experience. Overall, I'm very happy with the interview and really appreciative of the opportunity to share my work with others! Plus, I was exposed to other authors whose interviews and free chapters really piqued my interest!

No comments: